What information is being collected?
2. Postal address
3. Email address, if applicable
4. Telephone number
5. Occupation, if applicable
6. Bank Account Details, if applicable
7. Date of Birth, if applicable
8. Date of Marriage/Civil Partnership, if applicable
Who is collecting it?
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council’s Registration Department and the General Register Office are the Data Controllers which mean they determine how the information is collected, used, protected and shared, as appropriate.
How is it collected?
1. On forms completed by you
2. In person
5. Financial receipts, if applicable
6. Hospital/Doctors and Coroner’s Forms, if applicable
7. Survey monkey, if applicable
Why is it being collected?
The legal bases we rely on for processing your personal data are under articles 6(1)(c) and 6(1)(e) of the GDPR which, respectively, mean that processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject to, or the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority.
How will it be used?
• To process the statutory function of registering births, deaths, stillbirths, marriages and civil partnerships.
• In the preparation of General Register Office recoupment claims and financial records.
• To gauge customer feedback to improve our service
Who will it be shared with?
• NI General Register Office
• Internal Registration Staff
• Coroner’s Office, if applicable
How long will it be retained for?
Information will be held in line with the NI General Register Office and Fermanagh and Omagh District Council’s Records and Retention and Disposal Schedules.