What information is being collected?
2. Postal Address
3. Phone Numbers – home and mobile phone
4. Email Address
5. Next Of Kin/Emergency Contact Details (Name, Contact Details, Relationship)
6. Bank Account Details
7. National Insurance Number
8. Date of Birth
9. Marital Status
11. Date of Marriage/Civil Partnership, if applicable
12. Spouse/Civil Partner DOB, if applicable
13. Maiden Name, if applicable
14. Referee Details
15. Driving Licence/CPC Card (If Required) – licence number and categories
16. Disclosure of Convictions
18. Qualifications including copies of certificates
19. Equal Opportunity Monitoring Details
20. Sickness Absence information and Occupational Health Reports
21. Maternity/Paternity Details, if applicable
22. Dependant Details, if applicable
23. Time and Attendance Clocking Details and Biometrics, if applicable
Who is collecting it?
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council is the Data Controller which means we determine how the information is collected, used, protected and shared where appropriate.
How is it collected?
Initial information is collected from you at application stage using either a manual application or online application where information is gathered through our data processor, Hallmark. If deemed successful at interview an appointment letter will be issued to you using the contact details provided at application stage. Amendments to your personal details are made by you.
After appointment there are a variety of methods of collection:-
• New Employee Details Form
• Declaration of Convictions Form
• A photocopy of your Driving Licence
• PIN Notification and ID validation Form: processed through the data processor (Access NI) website directly: – (If Required)
• Photograph – taken by a member of our Human Resources Team
• Maternity Details Form/ Copy of MATB1
• Paternity Details Form
• Occupational Health Report: – Information collected by our data processor (Blackwell Associates)
• Biometrics or Pin Number – For Time and Attendance purposes, collected by our data processor (Softworks)
• Performance Appraisal
• Sickness Absence details including Self Certification form and Fit Notes
Why is it being collected?
The legal bases we rely on for processing your personal data are under articles 6(1)(a), 6(1)(b), 6(1)(c) and 6(1)(e) of the GDPR which mean, respectively, that you have given consent for us to process your information, the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you or you have asked us to take steps before entering into a contract, the processing is necessary for compliance with the Employment Act (NI) 2016 to which we are subject to, or, the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority.
How will it be used?
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council need to collect, retain and process personal data relating to its employees in order to contact the employee, keep proper records, provide support and guidance and to monitor pensions and payroll, performance and fulfil legal obligations. Information on health and disability is gathered so that we can properly support staff and/ or make any reasonable adjustments.
Who will it be shared with?
Your personal information could be shared with:
• Payroll Team – Relevant information will be shared with our internal payroll team so that we can pay employees their salaries/wages and expenses.
• Line Manager(s) – Details relating to your employment (Maternity/ Paternity/ Reasonable Adjustments/ Sickness Absence) will be shared internally with your line manager for support and to ensure the service area is being run effectively.
• Internal Auditor(s) – as required during relevant internal audits
• Health and Safety Manager/Officer – in the event of an accident, incident or near miss at work
• Insurance Brokers and Company – in the event of an accident at work
• Legal advisors – for the purposes of ensuring compliance with the contract of employment and any associated employment related matters
• Trade Unions – for the purposes of consultation and negotiation on relevant employee matters
• Pension Scheme Providers – NILGOSC and Civil Service Pensions – Our internal payroll team will transfer required information to the data processor (NILGOSC) for pension purposes.
• BHSF – to enrol you on the Council’s Healthcare Cashplan
• Hallmark – Information relating to your contact of employment with the Council will be retained using our in-house system.
• Softworks – For time and attendance details.
• Blackwell Associates or other Occupational Health Service providers – Details relating to sickness absence if referred to Occupational Health.
• Funders (If funded Post) – Details relating to your contact of employment may be shared with a funder if the post is funded.
How long will it be retained for?
Information will be for the duration of your employment and for a period of 6 years after you exit the Council as per the Council’s Records Retention and Disposal Schedule.