An Equality Scheme is a statement of commitment by a Public Authority to fulfil its statutory obligations in compliance with Section 75 and Schedule 9 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
The Northern Ireland Act 1998, places a duty on the Council to promote Equality of Opportunity and Good Relations.
The Council’s Equality Scheme outlines the arrangements for:
- Assessing compliance with the duties under Section 75.
- Assessing, and consulting on, the likely impact of policies on the promotion of Equality of Opportunity.
- Monitoring any adverse impact of policies on the promotion of Equality of Opportunity.
- Publishing the results of all such assessments.
- Staff training.
- Ensuring and assessing public access to information and/or services provided by the Council.
The Council will commit the necessary resources (in terms of people, time and money) to make sure that the statutory duties are complied with and that the Equality Scheme can be implemented both effectively and timely.
The Equality Scheme for Fermanagh and Omagh District Council can be downloaded by ‘clicking on’ the below image, or via the ‘Related Files’ section in the top right hand corner of this webpage.