Equality Scheme 2022 - 2027
An Equality Scheme is a statement of commitment by a Public Authority to fulfil its statutory obligations in compliance with Section 75 and Schedule 9 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
The Northern Ireland Act 1998, places a duty on the Council to promote Equality of Opportunity and Good Relations.
The Council’s Equality Scheme outlines the arrangements for:
- Assessing compliance with the duties under Section 75.
- Assessing, and consulting on, the likely impact of policies on the promotion of Equality of Opportunity.
- Monitoring any adverse impact of policies on the promotion of Equality of Opportunity.
- Publishing the results of all such assessments.
- Staff training.
- Ensuring and assessing public access to information and/or services provided by the Council.
The Council will commit the necessary resources (in terms of people, time and money) to make sure that the statutory duties are complied with and that the Equality Scheme can be implemented both effectively and timely.
The Equality Scheme for Fermanagh and Omagh District Council can be downloaded via the ‘Equality Scheme Downloads’ section at the bottom of this webpage.
The Council’s Equality Scheme was approved by the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland in February 2017. The Council then undertook a five-year review which was presented to the Policy and Resources Committee in December 2021 and subsequently ratified by the full Council in January 2022.
Equality Scheme Downloads
|Equality Scheme 2022 - 2027||1 MB||2nd February 2022|
|Equality Scheme - Five Year Review (2022)||320 KB||2nd February 2022|