Health and Social Care Services Sub-Committee
The Fermanagh and Omagh Health and Social Care Services Sub-Committee is Chaired by Councillor Deborah Erksine for the 2021-2022 year.
The Fermanagh and Omagh Health and Social Care Services Sub-Committee will provide a forum for ongoing engagement between Fermanagh and Omagh District Council (the Council) and the Western Health and Social Care Services Trust (the Trust) to inform and influence the shape of delivery of health and social care services with the Fermanagh and Omagh district so that the highest standard of and access to services is provided to the people of the district.
It will be the responsibility of the Trust’s Chief Executive to ensure that the collective view of the Fermanagh and Omagh Health and Social Care Services Sub-Committee informs and influences the Western Trust’s input into services design and delivery. This recognises the Western Trust’s role as a Provider organisation as opposed to the Health and Social Care Services Board (HSCB) which carries responsibility for the Commissioning of services to meet the needs of everyone and those who visit the area.
To discuss and inform decision making in relation to:
- The range of services delivered in the South West Acute Hospital
- The range of services delivered in the Omagh Hospital and Primary Care Complex
- Staffing provision and staff welfare across hospital services in the area
- The potential for networking arrangements with other Trusts
- The range and delivery models of mental health, social care and community services to be delivered in the district
- Any other issue within the remit of the Trust as pertaining to the Fermanagh and Omagh district
To facilitate and progress discussion with other key agencies and stakeholders:
- Public Health Agency (PHA)
- Health and Social Care Board (HSCB)
- Local Commissioning Group (LCG)
- Government Departments
- Roads Service
- Transport Services
- Any other relevant body