Policy and Resources
The Policy and Resources Committee is Chaired by Cllr Anthony Feely for the year 2019 – 2020.
The primary role of the Policy & Resources Committee is to examine on behalf of the Council various policies, strategies and plans in draft relating to those areas set out below and reporting on these to Council:
- Monitor and review of Council Constitution
- Policy and Strategic Services
- Community Planning, Corporate Planning and Performance Improvement
- Human Resources and Organisational Development
- Finance, Procurement, Internal Audit
- Operations and Estates
- Trading Services
- Democratic Services
- Customer Services
- Communications and PR
- Reports of Audit Panel
- Use of General Power of Competence
To undertake reviews or policy development tasks in relation to any matters falling under the remit of this committee or as requested by Council.
To respond to consultations relevant to these matters.
To review and consider urgent matters referred from another committee of the Council.
To engage on an ongoing basis with all relevant external bodies as to their strategies, policies and proposals which will impact on the Fermanagh and Omagh District. This will include, but will not be limited to:
- Government departments
- NI Local Government Association
- Equality Commission NI
- Sustainable Development Commission NI
- Disability NI
- Office of the Ombudsman for Northern Ireland
- Information Commissioner’s Office Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland Audit Office