Policy and Resources
The Policy and Resources Committee is Chaired by Councillor Stephen McCann for the 2020-2021 year.
The primary role of the Policy & Resources Committee is to examine on behalf of the Council various policies, strategies and plans in draft relating to those areas set out below and reporting on these to Council:
- Monitor and review of Council Constitution
- Policy and Strategic Services
- Human Resources and Organisational Development
- Finance, Procurement
- Shared Services including Regional Property Certificate Unit
- Democratic Services
- Elected Member Development
- Customer Services
- Communications and PR
- Registration Services
- Digitisation and ICT Services
- Strategic Investment Appraisal
- Reports of Audit Panel
- Use of General Power of Competence
To undertake reviews or policy development tasks in relation to any matters falling under the remit of this committee or as requested by Council.
To respond to consultations relevant to these matters.
To review and consider urgent matters referred from another committee of the Council.
To engage on an ongoing basis with all relevant external bodies as to their strategies, policies and proposals which will impact on the Fermanagh and Omagh District. This will include, but will not be limited to:
- Government departments
- NI Local Government Association
- Equality Commission NI
- Sustainable Development Commission NI
- Disability Action
- Office of the Ombudsman for Northern Ireland
- Information Commissioner’s Office Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland Audit Office
- Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland
- Local Government Staff Commission