If you find an item of lost property at a Council facility, please hand it to a member of staff who will ensure that a designated Officer logs and stores the item.
If you think you have lost an item(s) in or around a Council facility, please contact us using the contact details below. Where evidence of an owner is clear we may contact you, but only where there is irrefutable evidence of ownership.
If you contact us to claim an item(s) you may need to give the following details:
• Your name and contact details, preferably telephone number and/or email address (postal address may be required)
• Date and, if known, the approximate time you lost the item
• Council facility and, if known, the area in/around the facility that you lost the item
• Full description of the item
Your telephone call/email will be logged and we will contact you after checking on your item.
Council contact details:
• Telephone: 0300 303 1777
• Email: email@example.com and use ‘Lost Property’ as the subject title
• we will only retain lost property items for the periods outlined in our Lost Property Procedure, which is available on request
• if you live outside the area and require us to post your item to you, you must pay the cost of packaging and postage before we will send the item to you
• we will not release/post lost property items unless we are satisfied that the claimant is genuine and, if applicable, the postage fee is paid