The Environmental Health Department will investigate complaints of accumulations of rubbish, etc. on private land or property that is giving rise to smell nuisance or attracting rodents.  If a public health nuisance exists a Notice can be served on the owner requiring them to clear the problem.  If the Notice is not complied with, the Council may prosecute the person responsible.

Please Note

If you make a complaint, the Council will endeavour to ensure your complaint details remain confidential but this cannot always be guaranteed.  Additionally, in some circumstances, during investigation, it may be necessary to disclose personal details.

Problems of refuse and litter on the street or other public areas are dealt with by the Council’s Environment & Place Directorate by completing the online form below, enquire here.

Enquire here