Health & Safety in Businesses
Health and Safety work within the district is aimed at ensuring the health, safety and welfare of persons at work and others who may be affected by work activities. In order to reduce accidents and ill health, Council’s Environmental Health Officers, in conjunction with HSENI’s Safety Inspectors undertake workplace inspections and provide advice and assistance to Business owners, employees and members of the public.
Who Enforces Health & Safety Legislation?
District Councils and HSENI are both involved in enforcing health and safety but within different sectors. A general breakdown is as follows:
Fermanagh & Omagh District Council
Leisure & Cultural
Mines & Quarries
Schools & Universities
Fermanagh & Omagh District Council’s Health & Safety Team will:
- Provide information and advice regarding health and safety issues to Business owners, employees ad members of the public
- Register certain types of businesses and activities for Health & Safety
- Investigate and deal with complaints about unsafe working conditions or practices
- Investigate accidents at work
- Promote health and safety standards in workplaces