What is Neighbourhood Watch?
Neighbourhood Watch is a partnership between local communities, Police and local Policing & Community Safety Partnership. Its aim is to help people protect themselves and their property, and to reduce the fear of crime.
Benefits of Neighbourhood Watch
Neighbourhood Watch schemes can make a real difference to people’s lives, and can help people feel safer in their homes, by:
- Improving the safety of communities;
- Developing community spirit;
- Promoting co-operation between the police and the community;
- Helping the police detect crime through improved communication and reporting suspicious and criminal activity quickly;
- Preventing crime and reducing the fear of crime;
- Encouraging people to watch out for possible problems; and
- Providing a visible sign that members of a community are looking out for each other
To enquire about Neighbourhood Watch for your area, please complete the online form by clicking the button below.