Notice of Elections 2023
Local Council Elections - Notice of Elections
Notice is hereby given that:
1. Elections are to be held for Councillors to serve on Fermanagh and Omagh District Council. In the event of a contest, a poll will be taken on Thursday 18 May 2023 and the hours of the poll will be from 7.00am to 10.00pm.
2. The number of Councillors to be elected for each District Electoral Area of the Council is as follows:
|District Electoral Area||Wards||Number to be elected|
|Enniskillen||Castlecoole, Erne, Lisbellaw, Lisnarick, Portora, Rossorry||6|
|Erne East||Brookeborough, Donagh, Lisnaskea, Maguiresbridge, Newtownbutler, Rosslea||6|
|Erne North||Ballinamallard, Belleek and Boa, Ederney and Kesh, Irvinestown, Tempo||5|
|Erne West||Belcoo and Garrison, Boho, Cleenish and Letterbreen, Derrygonnelly, Derrylin, Florencecourt and Kinawley||5|
|Mid Tyrone||Beragh, Drumnakilly, Gortin, Owenkillew, Sixmilecross, Termon||6|
|Omagh||Camowen, Coolnagard, Dergmoney, Gortrush, Killyclogher, Strule||6|
|West Tyrone||Dromore, Drumquin, Fairy Water, Fintona, Newtownsaville, Trillick||6|
3. Nomination papers may be delivered to Ms Alison McCullagh, the Deputy Returning Officer (DRO), at Fermanagh and Omagh District Council, Council Offices, Townhall, 2 Townhall Street, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, BT74 7BA or Fermanagh and Omagh District Council, Council Offices, The Grange, Mountjoy Road, Omagh, Co Tyrone, BT79 7BL, between 10.00am to 4.00pm on Wednesday 12 April, Thursday 13 April, Friday 14 April, Monday 17 April, Tuesday 18 April, Wednesday 19 April, Thursday 20 April, Friday 21 April and from 10.00am to 1.00pm on Monday 24 April 2023. They may only be delivered by the candidate, proposer or seconder or by the election agent if the agent’s name and address has been given to the Deputy Returning Officer.
4. A nomination pack may be downloaded from the Council website or the Electoral Office website www.eoni.org.uk or obtained during normal office hours from the Deputy Returning Officer by either calling at the office or by telephoning 0300 303 1777 or mobile 07711388566.
5. We would encourage prospective candidates to make an appointment to submit nomination papers by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Applications to vote by post or by proxy are available to download from the Electoral Office website www.eoni.org.uk.
Completed applications must reach the Electoral Office for NI, 2nd Floor, 15 Church Street, Belfast BT1 1ER by 5.00pm on Wednesday, 26 April 2023 except where the application is made on the grounds of unforeseen illness. Any such application must reach the Absent Voting Unit by 5.00pm on Wednesday, 10 May 2023.
Deputy Returning Officer
Address: Fermanagh and Omagh District Council
2 Townhall Street
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council
Dated: 11 April 2023
Every person having a claim against the Deputy Returning Officer for any debt incurred by or on behalf of the Deputy Returning Officer for the purposes of an election shall, within forty two days after the day on which public notice is given of the result of the election, send to the Deputy Returning Officer detailed particulars in writing of such claim and the Deputy Returning Officer shall not be liable in respect of anything which is not duly stated in such particulars.