Forest Schools Programme
Applications for 2022 are now closed.
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council is pleased to work in partnership with the Northern Ireland Forest Schools Association, Cuilcagh Lakelands Global Geopark and Lough Erne Landscape Partnership to deliver the Forest Schools Programme in the District.
The Forest Schools Programme is an outdoor learning experience which is child-focussed and promotes sustainable outdoor education.
Using innovative teaching methods, the programme encourages children to develop their curiosity and exploration whilst instilling a sense of community and civic pride within our young people.
The programme allows children to connect with nature and the local landscape and learn about the unique and rich biodiversity which can be found throughout the District. The programme can also help to improve a child’s communication skills, self-belief-, self-discovery, resilience, motivation and respect for the environment.
The programme includes:
- 4 practical sessions over 2 days at your chosen site.
- Forest School Starter Kit Bag including Learning Resources.
- Official NIFSA Forest School plaque for your school on successful completion.
The teacher/leader taking part in the programme will have to attend online zoom sessions and submit lesson plans and assignments. This will include;
- 5 online Zoom sessions to cover the theory
- Submit 4 assignments and 6 lesson plans
- Upon successful completion of the programme and the submission of a learning portfolio and evaluation, the teacher will receive a Level 3 Forest School Certificate. We would request that all participating schools/groups submit this for assessment within 6 months of taking part of the programme.
|Forest School Application Form 2022 2023||docx||1 MB||22nd May 2022|
|Forest School Programme Details||119 KB||22nd May 2022|
|FODC Forest Schools Programme Details 2022 Presentation||1 MB||22nd May 2022|