Fermanagh & Omagh District Council’s Environmental Health Service plays a major role in the prevention and control of environmental pollution within its district, including:
- Local air quality monitoring and management
- Noise Control
- Planning and development control advice
- Regulating certain industrial processes
- Radiation monitoring and sampling
- Responding to pollution complaints.
The Environmental Health Service will also deal with matters such as smoke nuisance from bonfires etc, ruinous and dilapidated buildings, light pollution from high levels of light or a barrier to light by high hedges, odour complaints etc.
If you make a complaint, the Council will endeavour to ensure your complaint details remain confidential but this cannot always be guaranteed. Additionally, in some circumstances, during investigation, it may be necessary to disclose personal details.