Motion: Menopause Motion
Council Meeting - 3rd October 2023
Wednesday the 18th of October is World Menopause day and as such Fermanagh and Omagh District Council;
- commends the efforts of World Menopause Day for the success in raising awareness of the challenges faced by menopausal women
- notes the limited provision of NHS menopause services, and the difficulty facing women accessing them across the north
- further notes that women from rural and border communities often face greater challenges in accessing GP services or reliable public transport due to geographical isolation and therefore their experience of menopause can be particularly acute.
- acknowledges that perimenopausal and menopausal women are the fastest growing demographic in the workforce.
- commends the introduction last year of the Civil Service Menopause Policy which aims to ensure those experiencing menopause in the civil service workforce are supported to cope with its challenges and impacts.
- recommits to our own FODC policies which continues to support those members of staff affected by menopause.
Proposed by: Proposed by Councillor Coyle and seconded by Councillor Hayes