COVID-19: There have been some changes to Council services. For up to date information on Council services and community & business support available during this time, please follow this link: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information, Advice & Council services
Local Development Plan
What information is being collected?
2. Postal Address
3. Telephone Number
4. Email Address
We may, in some instances, process data falling under Special Categories, particularly where it relates to a representation and/or correspondence you have submitted. This may include, for example, health information, political opinion or religious belief.
Who is collecting it?
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council is the Data Controller which means that we determine how the information is collected, used, protected and shared where appropriate.
How is it collected?
• Information provided by you in writing, including your name, address, contact details and signature; and
• Information provided by you as part of our Register of Interest Database or public consultation process, such as your name, address and email address.
Why is it being collected?
The lawful basis we rely on for processing your personal data is article 6(1)(e) of the GDPR, which relates to processing which is necessary to perform a task in the public interest or for official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
How will it be used?
1. Local Development Plan: Representations Database
Under The Planning (Local Development Plan) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2015 the Council is legally obliged, during the Plan preparation, to make the following documents available for public comment:
• Preferred Options Paper;
• Plan Strategy; and
• Local Policies Plan.
Please note that representations and counter representations submitted in relation to the Plan Strategy and Local Policies Plan, are made available on the Council’s website but we will redact personal telephone numbers, signatures, email addresses and any sensitive personal data.
Copies of these representations will be provided to the Department for Infrastructure (DfI) and an Independent Examiner (a third party) as part of the submission of the Local Development Plan for Independent Examination. A Programme Officer will also have access to this information during the IE stages of the Plan preparation.
DfI, the Programme Officer and the Independent Examiner will, upon receipt, be responsible for the processing of your data in line with prevailing legislation.
The Local Development Plan will be accompanied by a number of assessments that are also open to public comment. Please note that, when you make a response to any of these assessments, as with representations on the Plan itself, this information may be made publicly available (with the exception of personal telephone numbers, signatures, email addresses or sensitive personal data on our website) or passed to third parties including consultants appointed by the Council such as the Shared Environmental Services as well as Government Departments and any appointed Independent Examiner.
2. Local Development Plan: Register of Interest Database
If you have asked to be kept informed about progress with the Local Development Plan, you will be required to submit information in order to benefit from the updates we issue.
In providing your information to us, you have agreed to the Council contacting you via your preferred method of contact. However, you may change your contact preferences at any time at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who will it be shared with?
• Your information will be held by the Council.
• Your information may be shared with relevant Council Officers, where the business and legal framework requires or allows it.
• We may share your personal data with Government bodies, for example, during the preparation of the Local Development Plan and the Independent Examinations into the Plan documents (Preferred Options Paper, Plan Strategy and Local Policies Plan).
• Please note that your name, address, telephone numbers, email address and signature will not be given out in response to a telephone enquiry.
How long will it be retained for?
We will only retain your data for as long as is necessary to process your representation and/or correspondence as part of the Plan preparation or for the purposes of other functions required by this section of the Council. The periods for retention of information, specifically relating to Planning, are specified in the Council’s Records Retention and Disposal Schedule.