COVID-19: There have been some changes to Council services. For up to date information on Council services and community & business support available during this time, please follow this link: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information, Advice & Council services
Local Government Elections 2019
Notice is hereby given that:
- Elections are to be held for Councillors to serve on Fermanagh and Omagh District Council. In the event of a contest, a poll will be taken on Thursday 2 May 2019 and the hours of the poll will be from 7.00am to 10.00pm.
- The number of Councillors to be elected for each District Electoral Area of the Council is as follows:
|District Electoral Area||District Electoral Area||Number to be elected|
|Enniskillen||Castlecoole, Erne, Lisbellaw, Lisnarrick, Portora, Rossory||6|
|Erne East||Brookeborough, Donagh, Lisnaskea, Maguiresbridge, Newtownbutler, Rosslea||6|
|Erne North||Ballinamallard, Belleek and Boa, Ederney and Kesh, Irvinestown, Tempo||5|
|Erne West||Belcoo and Garrison, Boho, Cleenish and Letterbreen, Derrygonnelly, Derrylin, Florencecourt and Kinawley||5|
|Mid Tyrone||Beragh, Drumnakilly, Gortin, Owenkillew, Sixmilecross, Termon||6|
|Omagh||Camowen, Coolnagard, Dergmoney, Gortrush, Killyclogher, Strule||6|
|West Tyrone||Dromore, Drumquin, Fairy Water, Fintona, Newtownsaville, Trillick||6|
3. Nomination papers may be delivered to Mr Brendan Hegarty, the Deputy Returning Officer (DRO), at Fermanagh and Omagh District Council, Council Offices, Townhall, 2 Townhall Street, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, BT74 7BA or Fermanagh and Omagh District Council, Council Offices, The Grange, Mountjoy Road, Omagh, Co Tyrone, BT79 7BL, between 10.00am to 4.00pm on Wednesday 27 March, Thursday 28 March, Friday 29 March, Monday 1 April, Tuesday 2 April, Wednesday 3 April, Thursday 4 April, Friday 5 April and from 10.00am to 1.00pm on Monday 8 April 2019. They may only be delivered by the candidate, proposer or seconder or by the election agent if the agent’s name and address have been given to the Deputy Returning Officer.
4. A nomination pack may be downloaded from the Council website or the Electoral Office website www.eoni.org.uk or obtained during normal office hours from the Deputy Returning Officer by either calling at the office or by telephoning 0300 303 1777.
5. Applications to vote by post or by proxy are available to download from the Electoral Office website www.eoni.org.uk or by contacting the Electoral Office on 028 9044 6680.
Completed applications must reach the Electoral Office for Nl, 2nd Floor, 15 Church Street, Belfast BT1 1.ER by 5.00pm on Wednesday 10 April 2019 except where the application is made on the grounds of unforeseen illness. Any such application must reach the Absent Voting Unit by 5.00pm on Wednesday 24 April 2019.
Deputy Returning Officer
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council
2 Townhall Street
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council
Dated: 26 March 2019
Every person having a claim against the Deputy Returning Officer for any debt incurred by or on behalf of the Deputy Returning Officer for the purposes of an election shall, within forty two days after the day on which public notice is given of the result of the election, send to the Deputy Returning Officer detailed particulars in writing of such claim and the Deputy Returning Officer shall not be liable in respect of anything which is not duly stated in such particulars.
The next local government elections are scheduled to take place on Thursday 2 May 2019.
In the Fermanagh and Omagh District Council area, the elections will see 40 Councillors elected to serve the people of the 7 District Electoral Areas (DEAs) which make up the district.
Prospective candidates or agents, can find information, guidance and forms on nominations on this page. Further information on the elections will be added in due course.