Virtual Festival of Cultures – Expressions of Interest
Expression of Interest for Multi-Cultural Online Content
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council’s Good Relations Programme supports the positive expression of all cultures and traditions and celebrates the rich cultural diversity that exists within the Council area.
As part of the Good Relations programme, we would like to encourage Expressions of Interest from local community dance, music, singing, poetry, performing, photography and other groups from across the district area to take part in a virtual Festival of Cultures. This series of multi-cultural content will be available for viewing on the Council’s social media sites during Good Relations week.
Participants would be asked to produce and submit pre-recorded online content to celebrate and share their community’s culture, and promote and encourage cultural respect and diversity. The content:
- Can be music, dance, singing, poetry, theatre performance, storytelling or cultural exhibition
- Must include a short introduction of the group, the culture presented, the background and meaning of the content
- Should be no longer than 10 min
We will provide financial support of £200.00 per group to a maximum of 10 groups for the production of high-quality recorded content. Successful applicants will also be invited to take part in a finale event. All submitted content will be uploaded to the Council’s social media sites.
Please note that all recordings are subject to the current COVID regulations regarding social distancing and other safety measures.
Essential Criteria for applicants
- All applicants must have public liability insurance to a minimum of £5m and employers liability insurance to a minimum of £10m (if applicable)
- All applicants must have a bank account
Essential Criteria for online content
- Must present and share a community’s culture
- Must be submitted by 12 noon on 27 August 2021
- Code of Conduct agreement must be signed
- Image Consent forms must be signed
- Copyright of the content must be transferred to Fermanagh and Omagh District Council
- Programme evaluation forms must be completed
The following assessment criteria will be applied to all Expressions of Interest:
- Quality of proposed online content
- Variety of cultures presented
- Variety of art/cultural forms and creative delivery
- Educational value of content
*If multiple Expressions of Interest are received representing the same culture, a random selection method may be used.
The deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest is Monday 21 June 2021 at 12noon.
Keep an eye on our website and social media pages for more information on the Virtual Festival of Cultures for Good Relations Week in 2021. To complete an Expression of Interest form, click here.