Ceremonies (from 8th January 2021)
Please be aware that your marriage/civil partnership ceremony must be conducted under the current NI Executive restrictions.
Marriages and Civil Partnerships
- Marriage and civil partnership ceremonies are limited to 25 people this includes the couple, witnesses, officiant and all guests (including children under 12).
- Face masks must be worn by all except the couple being married or forming a civil partnership. Current guidance states that children under the age of 13 do not have to wear a face mask.
- Marriage and civil partnership ceremonies are not permitted to take place at a private dwelling, including the garden, unless one party is terminally ill.
- Can take place in a person’s home if one of the parties is terminally ill with up to 10 people in attendance (this includes the couple, two witnesses and the officiant).
If you have to change the date of your ceremony please email email@example.com with the names of both parties, your initial ceremony date and your new ceremony date, the venue name and address and officiant name.
Civil Partnership Notice
You may submit your notice by posting the signed civil partnership notice forms and either scan or post good quality photocopies of birth certificates, passports and other supporting documentation. Payment can be made by cheque or card payment over the phone.
Contact the Registration Office
Telephone: 028 8225 6212 or 028 6634 2428
To view the locations of approved venues for civil ceremonies, please see the map below.
Ceremonies at approved venues can be held at either 12noon or 3pm, subject to availability. Click here to make a booking enquiry.
If you are planning to have a registrar officiate at your ceremony it is important to plan ahead and make early arrangements to help ensure you secure the date and time of your choice.
Your day is special to you and important to us…………..
A Civil Ceremony, conducted by a Registrar from Fermanagh and Omagh District Council, provides you with the opportunity to tailor the Ceremony and make it personal to you, ensuring it’s a day to remember. Family members and/or friends are encouraged to take an active part in your Ceremony which helps to create that personal touch. You may include live music, poems, readings, additional personal vows and remembrance candles, which will make the Ceremony unique to you both.
Our fees start from £163.00, please see the price list attached.
Find out more about making arrangements for a civil partnership.
It is essential to have two witnesses aged 16 or over.
The General Register Office, based at Colby House, Stranmillis Court, Belfast, BT9 5RR, provides help and advice about the following issues:
- visiting Northern Ireland to form a civil partnership
- immigration requirements
- planning on having your ceremony outside Northern Ireland.
Please click here for further information.
|Marriage and Civil Partnership Fees||docx||72 KB||17th January 2020|
|Approved Venue List Fermanagh & Omagh Civil Marriages||104 KB||4th December 2019|
|Civil Partnership Notice Form 2020||5 MB||13th January 2020|