Expression of interest – Cycle Stands
Would you like cycle stands at your facility?
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council invites Expressions of Interest from community, voluntary and sporting organisations who would be interested in providing public cycling parking at their community / club facility. Please note Schools or Education Authority facilities cannot be considered.
The provision of this proposed cycle parking will be funded through the Department for Infrastructure (DfI) as an Active Travel project. The aim of the project is to reduce car journeys and to increase cycling as a form of sustainable transport while also promoting health and wellbeing.
What is being proposed?
The Council has secured funding from DfI to provide 5 No. “Sheffield” style cycle stands at a number of community venues across the district. The Council is now seeking community groups / clubs who would be interested in availing of these cycle stands to make an Expression of Interest.
Groups that are successful will receive the following:
· 5 No. “Sheffield” stands – these will accommodate 10 No. bicycles. They will either be made of “stainless steel” or “galvanised steel with black powder coat paint finish” and which type will be determined by the availability of the stands the Council has to work with at the time. If you do not have the space to accommodate 5 No. cycle stands we could look at 4 No. if required.
· 1 No. Cycle sign to identify that there is cycle parking on site.
· The Council will purchase the stands for the group.
· The Council will arrange for the installation of the stands on site for the group and the group will therefore be happy with contractors carrying out works on their site.
· The project must be completed before 31 March 2022
· The stands when in place must be available for public use.
· Any group successful in being awarded the cycle stands will be required to manage, insure and maintain these stands going forward.
Other information which groups need to consider:
· The area required to install these 5 No. stands is approx. 5m x 2m. If you do not have the space to accommodate 5 No. cycle stands we could look at 4 No. if required, this would be approx. 4m x 2m
· The stands should be located as close and practical to the front door or entrance of the facility so as to help promote use of the stands and to ensure the use of stands and cycling as an option for travel is in the forefront of
people’s minds ie. the stands need to be placed in a prominent location on site.
· Groups will need over the next 24 months to record the use of these cycle stands and feed this information back to the Council on request.
· Groups will be asked to promote cycling and use of the stands on their social media.
How to complete an Expression of Interest for your group:
In order to express an interest to obtain these cycle stands, simply complete the application form below or follow the link to the Council website and do it online.
When assessing submissions, the Council may need to take into consideration geographic spread across the Council district.
Closing date for submissions: Monday 31 January 2022 at 12.00 noon.
For further information: Please contact email@example.com Tel: 07979 530765