How safe is your home?
We offer free home safety checks for all residents with young children living within our Council area.
The checks offer tips on all aspects of home safety, as well as specialist advice on topics like heating and energy saving.
A room-by-room inspection usually takes around 30 minutes and our Home Safety Officers can:
- show you the potential risk areas in your home, for example blind cords or poisoning risks
- issue home safety equipment (subject to the eligibility criteria detailed below, and stock availability)
- provide tailored advice on how to make your home safer
- refer you for a free smoke alarm installation.
You can apply for a home safety check by clicking here or by downloading and completing the application form and return to email@example.com.
Alternatively you can register your details by contacting the Environmental Health Department on 0300 303 1777
To be eligible for free equipment you will need to be in receipt of one the following;
- Income Support/Employment Support Allowance/Job seekers Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)/Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Child Tax Credit/Working Tax Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Free School Meals
- Professional Judgement based on family circumstances (e.g. health or social need)