Inside some electronic devices are button cell batteries, that if swallowed by small children can get stuck in the throat and cause severe burns within two hours, or even death.

These batteries can be found in toys, musical books, key fobs, remote controls, calculators, and other small electronic devices.

Ensure your child does not have access to these devices if the battery compartment is not secure, make certain that spare batteries are locked away, and used batteries are disposed of correctly.

If your child does swallow a button cell battery, seek medical advice immediately.

For more safety advice on button batteries, please click here

 

 

Downloads
File Type Size Date
Button Batteries leaflet pdf 666 KB 2nd February 2021