Capital Funding for Villages
Are you interested in Capital Funding for your Village?
Fermanagh and Omagh District Council wishes to invite Expressions of Interest from eligible villages who wish to be considered for future funding opportunities for capital projects that would be able to commence in September 2020 and complete in September 2021.
Note: the submission of the Expression of Interest is no guarantee of funding
If you are interested in submitting an Expression of Interest the following conditions apply:
· Valid settlements must have a population of between 50 and 5,000;
· Provide an overview of the proposed project including indicative costs;
· Provide evidence that the project has the support of the wider village community, with the Expression of Interest coming from one bona-fide Community Group
(If there is more than one Community Group/Association operating in a village then these Groups will need to come together to agree, prepare and submit the Expression of Interest as only one per village will be accepted);
· Demonstrate that the project is complementary to the current offering in the village and is contained within the Village Action Plan;
· Demonstrate that the project would be able to commence in September 2020 and complete in September 2021;
· Provide evidence that there are no issues with ownership of the land/ building where the proposed project will take place and that all statutory approvals are in place or can be provided by end of May 2020, this may include planning approvals, lease agreements, and agreements with any other statutory bodies; and
· In a competitive process, priority may be given to those villages that have not received Rural Development funding in the present Village Rural Development Scheme.
The Expression of Interest form can be downloaded below.
A copy can be requested by emailing email@example.com or by contacting the Rural Regeneration Officer on 0300 303 1777 ext. 20311.
Completed forms should be returned no later than 12 noon on Friday 24 January 2020 in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the outside ‘Village Renewal Expression of Interest’ to: Fermanagh and Omagh District Council, Strule House, 16 High Street, Omagh, Co Tyrone, BT78 1BQ or The Townhall, 2 Townhall Street, Enniskillen, BT74 7BA or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expressions of Interest received after the closing date and time will be deemed ineligible.
For further information on the Expression of Interest process please contact the Rural Regeneration
Officer on 0300 303 1777 ext. 20311