- Our responsibilities
- Northern Ireland Planning Portal
- Our Planning office
- Do I need planning permission?
- How to apply for planning permission
- How decisions are made
- Request to speak to committee
Applications currently open for comment
Written comments on the applications listed below should be submitted within 14 days of the date advertised. Please quote the application reference in all correspondence and note that all written representations made, including objections, will be posted online.
You can also view full details of these applications, including detailed proposals and plans at our public offices, by calling 0300 303 1777 (Text Phone 028 8225 6216), or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We are responsible for delivering planning functions in the Fermanagh and Omagh District. This involves:
- receiving and making decisions on the majority of planning applications
- enforcing breaches of planning permission
- making tree preservation orders
- protecting and preserving built heritage
- producing a local development plan outlining how land should be used and developed in the future.
Planning Department – Fees for Non-Statutory Services
For clarification on charges please contact the Planning Department
The Northern Ireland Planning Portal is a regional website where you can:
- Track current planning applications
- Download application forms
- Find out about application fees
- Access information to help you make your planning application
Our public offices are located at 16 High Street (to the rear of the Public Services Centre – members of the public who wish to speak with Planning Officers in person are asked to report to the reception area of the Public Services Centre where they will be directed to the appropriate meeting area), Omagh Co Tyrone, BT78 1BQ and County Buildings, 15 East Bridge Street, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, BT74 7BW, and they are open from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
From here you can pick up an application form, submit a completed application, pay fees and check the status of an application.
The type of work you intend to carry out will determine if you need planning permission, the type of application you need to make and if you need building regulation approval.
We offer a pre-application discussion service for you to speak with a Planning Officer and discuss proposals before you make an application.
If you would like to make an appointment, please contact us.
There are three types of planning applications:
- Local applications: these are typically smaller, more straightforward application.
- Major applications: larger, more complex applications with pre-application requirements.
- Regionally significant applications: these applications will be determined by the Department of Environment.
From 1 July 2015, if you want to submit a major application, you need to consult with the community on your proposals before submitting your application.
Forms for local and major applications are available in two ways:
- Download an application form. You can either print off the form and complete it by hand, or type your application and then print it off.
- You can call into our public offices at 16 High Street, Omagh, Co Tyrone, BT78 1BQ (members of the public who wish to speak with Planning Officers in person are asked to report to the reception area of the Public Services Centre where they will be directed to the appropriate meeting area) and County Buildings, 15 East Bridge Street, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, BT74 7BW, and they are open from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Returning your application for planning permission
Your application must be accompanied by the appropriate fee and supporting documentation to be processed.
You can pay your fee in one of two ways:
- pay by cheque – just make it payable to Fermanagh & Omagh District Council or cash.
Completed application forms and fees can be submitted:
- by post (please enclose a cheque made payable to Fermanagh & Omagh District Council )
- in person at our public offices at 16 High Street, Omagh, Co Tyrone, BT78 1BQ and County Buildings, 15 East Bridge Street, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, BT74 7BW, and they are open from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
We’re unable to offer an online application or payment service at this time.
The type, size and complexity of an application will determine how a decision is made. There are three ways in which a decision can be made:
- A planning officer may have the authority to determine smaller, more straightforward applications.
- Our Members of Committee will consider all major applications and others it feels may be of significance for the district.
- The Department of the Environment will make decisions that have regional significance.
Full details are set out in our Scheme of Delegation.
If you’d like to speak to our planning committee about a planning application, please email your request to email@example.com or telephone 0300 303 1777, Extension 20207 or 20203 . You need to have the application reference number and you must submit the request before 5:00pm on the Monday before the committee meeting. You can only speak to committee if you’ve submitted a written response to an application.
Once we receive your application we will be in touch with more information.
- Submit your request to speak to committee
- Wednesday 18 April 2018 – The Grange, Omagh
- Wednesday 16 May 2018 – Townhall, Enniskillen
- Wednesday 20 June 2018 – The Grange, Omagh
- Wednesday 18 July 2018 – Townhall, Enniskillen
- AUGUST RECESS
- Wednesday 19 September 2018 – The Grange, Omagh
- Wednesday 17 October 2018 – Townhall, Enniskillen
- Wednesday 21 November 2018 – The Grange, Omagh
- Thursday 13 December 2018 – Townhall, Enniskillen
- Wednesday 16 January 2019 – The Grange, Omagh
- Wednesday 20 February 2019 – Townhall, Enniskillen
- Wednesday 20 March 2019 – The Grange, Omagh
Applications currently open for comment
|LA10/2018/0530/RM||63 Bun Road Bun Newtownbutler Fermanagh||Two Storey dwelling with detached domestic garage|
|LA10/2018/0539/F||Approx 90m North East of 88 Drumshancorick Road Drumshancorick Rosslea||Two storey dwelling with detached domestic garage amended design to previous approval L/2006/0308/RM for same|
|LA10/2018/0524/F||Housing lands including Gnangara 163 Sligo Road and No. 169 Sligo Road Lands to the west of Nos. 155 157 Sligo Road and North and West of 179 with site access to the west of Nos. 1-5 Drumawill Park and Nos. 1-2 Drumawill Gardens Drumawill||Variation of conditions 9 provision of vehicular access, 14 provision of visibility splays, 16 commencement of other development, 18 occupation of development and 19 provision of safety audit on planning approval L/2007/114/F for Housing Development to all|
|LA10/2018/0522/F||Lands immediately North of 65 Quarry Road and Lands 100m East of 56 Quarry Road Carrickmore||Retention of imported greenfield soils and proposed additional agricultural field level raising|
|LA10/2018/0523/F||Junction of Farmhill Road and Ballinamullin Road South & West of 45 Farmhill Road Killyclogher Omagh||Residential development of 20 no. dwellings, consisting of 8 no. bungalows and 12 no. two storey units with associated roadworks and landscaping|
|LA10/2018/0526/F||50m West of 21a Shinnagh Road Carrickmore||Retention of additional sand and gravel extraction from planning approval K/2009/0807/F (Sand and gravel extraction)|
|LA10/2018/0527/F||81 Loughmallon Road Carrickmore||Side and rear extension to dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0528/F||119 Mullaslin Road Sixmilecross||Front and rear extension to dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0531/F||Gortin Community Garden Gortin||Timber shed for Community Garden|
|LA10/2018/0475/O||Boat House Trory Point Enniskillen||Replacement Boat House|
|LA10/2018/0497/F||12 Factory Road Enniskillen||Single storey rear extension to dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0509/F||5 Drumclay Road Drumclay Enniskillen||Extension and Alterations to dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0519/F||Former Thompson feed Yard and Storage Area fronting Hollyhill Link Road Car Park Enniskillen||Variation of condition 02 (Vehicular access arrangements) on approval L/2012/0452/F (retail office and residential development) to allow the provision of the turning head and closure of existing access prior to the commencement of retail operations rather|
|LA10/2018/0520/F||Hollyhill Link Road Car Park Enniskillen||Variation of condition 02 (vehicular access arrangements) on approval L/2012/0341/F (retail development) to allow the provision of the required turning head and closure of existing access prior to the commencement of retailing operations rather than prior|
|LA10/2018/0499/F||39 Tattynuckle Road Ramult Brookeborough||Single storey gable and rear extension|
|LA10/2018/0498/F||86 Lisnarick Road Whitehill North Lisnarick||Replacement dwelling, new access, entrance wall, pillars and septic tank|
|LA10/2018/0515/O||77 Cloy Road Edenamohill Black Ederney||Replacement dwelling and garage|
|LA10/2018/0521/F||Approx. 120m North of 95 Glengesh Road Imeroo Tempo||Single storey dwelling with attic accommodation|
|LA10/2018/0496/F||4 Mountain View Mullaghgarrow Kinawley||Rear one and half storey extension and alterations to dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0394/F||65-67 Main Street Maguiresbridge||Change of use from retail/domestic to 7 no. flats|
|LA10/2018/0492/F||Approx 40m East of 82 Deverney Road Omagh||Dwelling and garage|
|LA10/2018/0501/F||276 Whitebridge Road Carrickmore||Extension and alterations to dwelling to provide granny flat and additional accommodation|
|LA10/2018/0502/F||80m N/NE of 31 Droit Road Newtownstewart||Replacement milking parlour; cubicle house with underground slurry store and access improvements|
|LA10/2018/0510/O||Lands adjacent to 6 Strathroy Park Road Omagh||Development of 16 no. dwellings (Renewal of K/2014/0415/O)|
|LA10/2018/0511/F||70m south of 15 Inishative Road Carrickmore||Amendment of wind turbine planning approval K/2015/0024/F changing 40m hub height to 50m and 31m rotor diameter to 47m rotor diameter|
|LA10/2018/0513/F||Approx 420m NW of 124 Rockstown Road Carrickmore||Proposed alternative 250kw wind turbine in replacement of existing installed 250kw wind turbine (Approval K/2011/0040/F, amended turbine to have tower height increased to 50m and rotor radius increased to 23.5m|
|LA10/2018/0491/F||5 Drumannon Rise Omagh||Retention of existing sunroom|
|LA10/2018/0503/F||23 Edenfel Park Omagh||Single storey extension to side and rear of dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0508/F||1 Coolnagard Road Omagh||Single storey sun room extension to dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0512/F||7 Anderson Gardens Omagh||Single storey rear extension and internal alterations to dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0506/F||15m NW of 27 Garvallagh Road Garvallagh Fintona||Extension of curtilage and proposed extension to provide new engineering workshop, conversion of existing workshop to provide internal dry storage for fabricated component parts|
|LA10/2018/0507/F||17 Lisnagirr Road Mountjoy Omagh||Change of house type to that approved under K/2009/0164/F|
|LA10/2018/0518/F||Curraghamulkin Coolavannagh TD Curraghmulkin TD Dooish TD Drumquin||Application for an amendment to the control building and substation compound, approved under K/2008/0334/F (Curraghmulkin Wind Farm), for the purpose of operating the wind farm and exporting electricity to the utility network|