- Our responsibilities
- Northern Ireland Planning Portal
- Our Planning office
- Do I need planning permission?
- How to apply for planning permission
- How decisions are made
- Request to speak to committee
Applications currently open for comment
Written comments on the applications listed below should be submitted within 14 days of the date advertised. Please quote the application reference in all correspondence and note that all written representations made, including objections, will be posted online.
You can also view full details of these applications, including detailed proposals and plans at our public offices, by calling 0300 303 1777 (Text Phone 028 8225 6216), or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We are responsible for delivering planning functions in the Fermanagh and Omagh District. This involves:
- receiving and making decisions on the majority of planning applications
- enforcing breaches of planning permission
- making tree preservation orders
- protecting and preserving built heritage
- producing a local development plan outlining how land should be used and developed in the future.
Planning Department – Fees for Non-Statutory Services
For clarification on charges please contact the Planning Department
The Northern Ireland Planning Portal is a regional website where you can:
- track current planning applications
- download application forms
- find out about application fees
- access information to help you make your planning application
Our public offices are located at 16 High Street (to the rear of the Public Services Centre – members of the public who wish to speak with Planning Officers in person are asked to report to the reception area of the Public Services Centre where they will be directed to the appropriate meeting area), Omagh Co Tyrone, BT78 1BQ and County Buildings, 15 East Bridge Street, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, BT74 7BW, and they are open from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
From here you can pick up an application form, submit a completed application, pay fees and check the status of an application.
The type of work you intend to carry out will determine if you need planning permission, the type of application you need to make and if you need building regulation approval.
We offer a pre-application discussion service for you to speak with a Planning Officer and discuss proposals before you make an application.
If you would like to make an appointment, please contact us.
There are three types of planning applications:
- Local applications: these are typically smaller, more straightforward application.
- Major applications: larger, more complex applications with pre-application requirements.
- Regionally significant applications: these applications will be determined by the Department of Environment.
From 1 July 2015, if you want to submit a major application, you need to consult with the community on your proposals before submitting your application.
Forms for local and major applications are available in two ways:
- Download an application form. You can either print off the form and complete it by hand, or type your application and then print it off.
- You can call into our public offices at 16 High Street, Omagh, Co Tyrone, BT78 1BQ (members of the public who wish to speak with Planning Officers in person are asked to report to the reception area of the Public Services Centre where they will be directed to the appropriate meeting area) and County Buildings, 15 East Bridge Street, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, BT74 7BW, and they are open from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Returning your application for planning permission
Your application must be accompanied by the appropriate fee and supporting documentation to be processed.
You can pay your fee in one of two ways:
- pay by cheque – just make it payable to Fermanagh & Omagh District Council or cash.
Completed application forms and fees can be submitted:
- by post (please enclose a cheque made payable to Fermanagh & Omagh District Council )
- in person at our public offices at 16 High Street, Omagh, Co Tyrone, BT78 1BQ and County Buildings, 15 East Bridge Street, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, BT74 7BW, and they are open from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
We’re unable to offer an online application or payment service at this time.
The type, size and complexity of an application will determine how a decision is made. There are three ways in which a decision can be made:
- A planning officer may have the authority to determine smaller, more straightforward applications.
- Our Members of Committee will consider all major applications and others it feels may be of significance for the district.
- The Department of the Environment will make decisions that have regional significance.
Full details are set out in our Scheme of Delegation.
If you’d like to speak to our planning committee about a planning application, please email your request to email@example.com or telephone 0300 303 1777, Extension 20207 or 20203 . You need to have the application reference number and you must submit the request before 5:00pm on the Monday before the committee meeting. You can only speak to committee if you’ve submitted a written response to an application.
Once we receive your application we will be in touch with more information.
- Submit your request to speak to committee
Wednesday 18 October 2017 The Grange, Omagh
Wednesday 22 November 2017 Townhall, Enniskillen
Thursday 14 December 2017, The Grange, Omagh
Wednesday 17 January 2018, Townhall, Enniskillen
Wednesday 21 February 2018, The Grange, Omagh
Wednesday 21 March 2018, Townhall, Enniskillen
Applications currently open for comment
|LA10/2018/0192/F||Adjacent to 31 Main Street Carrickmore||Proposed disabled WC for church use|
|LA10/2018/0232/F||Approx. 200m SW of 108 Tiroony Road Carrickmore||Proposed free range poultry unit (layers) max 16000 birds with 2no. meal bins and litter shed|
|LA10/2018/0233/F||Approx. 125m SE of 129 Tiroony Road Carrickmore||Proposed free range poultry unit (layers) max 16000 birds with 2no. meal bins and litter shed|
|LA10/2018/0234/F||27 Spring Road Mountfield Omagh||Alterations to raise roof of existing dwelling by 1m with new rear extension to dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0235/F||Approx 30m south of 85 Mulnafye Road Glen Upper Omagh||Replacement dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0238/F||36 Glenpark Road Omagh||Retention of general purpose agricultural shed with horse stables|
|LA10/2018/0183/F||1 Oak Rise Omagh BT78 1TN||Rear extension to dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0186/LBC||20 High Street Omagh Co Tyrone||3 Non illuminated logo on fascia panels, 1 no. externally illuminated bracket sign and Statutory sign inside window|
|LA10/2018/0217/F||Lands immediately adjoining and NW of junction of Tamlaght Road and Brookmount Road Omagh||Proposed housing development consisting of 28 no. dwellings (20 no. semi-detached and 8 no. detached), amenity space, landscaping, vehicle/pedestrian access with associated site works|
|LA10/2018/0223/F||DFI Rivers Omagh Western Regional Office 3a St Julians Road Omagh||Retention of a storage building|
|LA10/2018/0228/F||44 Sperrin Park Omagh||Two storey side extension to dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0185/F||Adjacent to and south east of 40 Kilmore Road Drumquin Omagh||Change of house type from previous approval K/2004/0430/RM (Dwelling)|
|LA10/2018/0197/F||88 Edergoole Road Mullanboy Fintona BT78 2NG||Proposed replacement dwelling with front porch return|
|LA10/2018/0216/F||95 Derrybard Road Seskinore Omagh BT78 2QN||Proposed domestic garage/store|
|LA10/2018/0188/F||12 Castlewood Castlecoole Road Enniskillen BT74 6BF||Single storey rear extension and alterations to dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0189/F||10 Aisling Crescent Derrychara Enniskillen BT74 6JN||Two and a half storey rear and side extension to dwelling|
|LA10/2018/0190/F||12 Derrychara Drive Derrychara Enniskillen BT74 6JH||Single storey rear extension to dwelling to provide disabled person facilities|
|LA10/2018/0226/F||22 Glenwood Gardens Carrigan Enniskillen BT74 7NA||Extension and improvements to dwelling plus relocation of garden shed|
|LA10/2018/0187/F||75 Creagh Road Creagh Tempo BT94 3FZ||Second storey rear extension to dwelling (above existing sunroom)|
|LA10/2018/0227/F||Lands along Gola Road to its junction with Drumbrughas North Road along Drumbrughas North Road adjacent to Rathowen to its junction with Lisagole Road and lands 70m SW of 302 Gola Road Lisnaskea Co Fermanagh||New underground gas transmission pipeline (intermediate pressure), approximately 970m in length, in road and off-road, with associated temporary site works, comprising both open cut excavation and horizontal directional drilling for pipe installation, temp|
|LA10/2018/0222/F||1 Commons Road Commons Belleek BT93 3AP||Change of use from nursing home to 20 bedroom bed and breakfast accommodation facility|
|LA10/2018/0221/F||Immediately North West of 101 Ballyconnell Road Aghyoule Derrylin BT92 9DJ||Retention of existing cattle shed with slatted tank plus erection of agricultural machinery shed|
|LA10/2018/0230/F||Lands at the junction of Gortahurk Road and Ballyconnell Road Derrylin||New underground gas transmission pipeline (intermediate pressure), approx. 149m in length, off road, with associated temporary site works, comprising both open cut excavation and horizontal directional drilling for pipe installation, temporary construction|
|LA10/2017/1160/F||Immediately North East of 128 Drumshancorick Road Crocknagross Rosslea BT92 7HR (Vehicular entrance 70m East of132 Drumshancorick Road)||Re-advertisement - 16,000 bird poultry house|
|LA10/2018/0171/F||23 Rigg Road Rigg Enniskillen BT74 5ED||Re-advertisement - Single storey extension to provide granny flat plus detached domestic garage all to rear of dwelling|