Entries open for Omagh Santa Dash 2017
20th November 2017
An afternoon of festive family fun and entertainment will be on offer in Omagh town centre on Saturday 9 December 2017 with the ever popular Santa Dash and Dander event.
Organised by Fermanagh and Omagh District Council with support from second year HND sports students from South West College, the free event will include races for adults and children.
This year’s dash will see adults dressed in Santa suits and children donning Santa hats, all of which will be provided free of charge on the day, sprinting from the Danske Bank to the Courthouse in a bid to win the coveted ‘Reindeer Cup’.
The children’s race will start at 3.30pm while the race for adults will take place at 3.40pm.
Registration is free and available to complete online:
Register now for Children’s Santa Dash (under 12s) – please note, under 12 must be accompanied by an adult to take part in the Santa Dash, who assumes responsibility for the child, and must sign them in and out of the event.
Register now for Adult Santa Dash (12 years old and over) – please note, under 16s participating in the event i.e. 12-16 years old, must bring a signed copy of the Parent/Responsible Adult Declaration, which is available to download.
Each dash will be limited to 50 participants.
Participants may also be able to register on the day by visiting the marquee located beside Danske Bank from 12 noon, space permitting.
Santa Dander Treasure Hunt
The traditional Santa Dander Treasure Hunt will also take place in Omagh town centre on Saturday 9 December, from 12 noon to 4pm. The treasure hunt is an ideal event for all the family, encouraging participants to follow the map around the town centre to find all 12 items on Santa’s list. All those taking part in this free fun event will receive a free Santa hat and some sweet treats while those who return their completed activity sheets to the marquee located beside the Danske Bank will be entered into a draw to win a children’s tablet.
Commenting on the Santa Dash and Dander, the Chairman of Fermanagh and Omagh District Council, Councillor Stephen McCann, encouraged as many people as possible to take part in both elements of the event.
“The Santa Dash and Dander is one of the most popular events in Omagh’s busy schedule of Christmas activities. It is a great opportunity for families to take part in the merriment during a fun filled afternoon while having the opportunity to browse the local shops, visit local eateries and experience the magic of Omagh this Christmas. We look forward to welcoming locals and visitors alike to Omagh on December 9,” he said.
“We are pleased to organise this year’s event in partnership with HND sports students from South West College, which will form an important part of their curriculum while developing essential life skills and competencies. I would like to commend the students on their endeavours and wish the event every success,” Councillor McCann added.
A range of street entertainment including music, face painting, street entertainers and balloon modelling will also be on offer throughout the afternoon in the town centre.
For further information on the Santa Dash and Dander please telephone Fermanagh and Omagh District Council on 0300 303 1777.
Terms & Conditions
Participant Information and Event Details
By registering to take part in the 2017 Santa Dash you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Event as outlined below;
- Participants can compete in one of two age categories on the day: Children’s Dash/Under 12s
(9-12 years old) and Adult Dash/Over 12s.
- Each under 12 must be accompanied by an adult to take part in the Santa Dash, who assumes responsibility for the child, and must sign them in and out of the event. Under 16s participating in the event i.e. 12-16 years old, must bring a signed copy of the Parent/Responsible Adult Declaration.
- Places in each Santa Dash are limited to 50, and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All participants should register prior to the event online. Register now for Children’s Dash (under 12s) Register now for Adult Dash (12 years old and over)
- Before the race, all participants will be required to check themselves in, as well as reviewing and agreeing to all of the Terms and Conditions and signing the Disclaimer form. This can be done from the Marquee outside the Danske Bank on the day of the event from 12.00pm – 3.20pm.
- Santa Hats will be available to those taking part in the Children’s Dash and Santa Suits will be available to those taking part in the Adult Dash. All Santa-wear will be free of charge and available on the day at ‘check in’.
- As there are no changing facilities, Santa suits should be worn over clothes.
- All participants are responsible for ensuring they wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- All participants are to assemble at Danske Bank at 3.20pm (already checked in).
- A 10 minute ‘Santa warm-up’ will be conducted before each Dash at the Sperrin Centre (Beside Danske Bank). It is important that all participants attend this.
- The Children’s Dash will be from Boots to the Court House at 3.30pm and the Adult Dash will be from Scarffe’s Entry to the Court House at 3.40pm.
- Baby joggers, strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles or any other wheeled device, except wheelchairs, will not be permitted on the Santa Dash.
- The winner of the 2017 Omagh Town Centre Children’s Santa Dash and Adult Santa Dash will be presented with the 2017 Reindeer Cup.
- By taking part in the event, all participants confirm that their inclusion in any photographs or videos taken during the event may be used to promote the event on the day on any social media platforms and in publicity materials for up to two years.
- All participants are responsible for ensuring that they are medically fit and healthy in order to safely take part in the Santa Dash.
- Accompanying adults for children under 12, are responsible for ensuring their child medically fit and healthy in order to safely take part in the Santa Dash.
- All participants agree to comply with all instructions given by organisers, stewards and
members of support services.
- All participants accept any decisions of the organisers as final and binding.