The Planning Committee is Chaired by Cllr Robert Irvine for the year 2017 – 2018.
The primary role of the Planning Committee is to exercise full delegated authority for the planning functions of the Council which have not been delegated to officers in relation to the Development Plan, Development Management and Enforcement.
The main remit of Fermanagh and Omagh District Council’s Planning Committee includes:
- Exercising the Council’s powers and duties in relation to local planning policies, plan strategies, the statement of community involvement and any other planning documents;
- Exercising the Council’s powers in relation to listed buildings;
- Consideration of applications for planning permission and consents in accordance with the Council’s Scheme of Delegation;
- Responding to consultations issued by the Department of the Environment or any other Department in relation to planning matters;
- Responding to consultations in relation to regionally significant or major applications to be determined by the Department of the Environment;
- Scrutiny of the Council’s delivery of the Planning functions.
The Planning Committee comprises of 13 members as listed below:
- Glenn Campbell
- John Coyle
- Barry Doherty
- Brendan Gallagher
- Mary Garrity
- Robert Irvine
- Tommy Maguire
- Brian McCaffrey
- Barry McNally
- Allan Rainey MBE
- Paul Robinson
- Errol Thompson
- Howard Thornton