Registration staff will be delighted to help you with your civil partnership formalities.
Any two people, regardless of where they live , can register a civil partnership in Northern Ireland, provided that they are:
• the same sex
• aged 18 or above on the day of your ceremony (consent is needed if either of you is aged 16 or 17)
• unrelated to one another in a way that would prevent you from forming a civil partnership
• unmarried or are not already in a civil partnership
capable of understanding the nature of civil partnerships
To make sure both parties meet these criteria, you must complete a civil partnership notice form, and supply the other necessary documents needed, before your ceremony can take place. These should be returned to the Registrar’s office in the district where you plan to form your partnership. Please contact us if you have difficulty coming into our office with your notice forms and documents.
• Civil Partnership Notice Application Form, available from https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/publications/civil-partnership-notice-form
Types of ceremony
Ceremonies can be conducted in the Townhall, Enniskillen or in The Grange, Omagh or in one of the approved venues. Please see gallery of photos of Council ceremony rooms on the right.
To view the locations of approved venues for civil ceremonies on a map please click here
Questions? Click here to make an enquiry.
The General Register Office, based at Colby House, Stranmillis Court, Belfast, BT9 5RR, provides help and advice about the following issues:
• visiting Northern Ireland to form a civil partnership
• immigrant requirements.
Detailed information about all these topics is available from the NI Direct website: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/registering-civil-partnership