If you live in a privately rented house, you are entitled to a Rent Book.
Your Rent Book should contain the following information:
- Address of the rented property
- Name of tenant
- Name, address and telephone number of landlord
- Name, address and telephone number of landlord’s agent if one is managing the property
- Rent and Rates payable
- Period covered by each Rent payment
- Capital value of the property if tenancy started after April 2007
- Amount and description of any other payment which the tenant is required to make in addition to rent and rates e.g. heating
- Tenancy commencement date
- Repairing obligations of both landlord and tenant
For tenancies which started before April 2007 further information is available in the Rent Book Regulations 2004.
For tenancies which started after April 2007 further information is available in the Rent Book Regulations 2007.