Broadband Connection Vouchers Scheme
The Broadband Connection Vouchers Scheme will allow Local Small to Medium size Enterprises (SMEs) and social enterprises (with less than 249 employees) to claim grants of up to £3,000 to cover installation of a super fast broadband service to improve and enhance the way they do business.
The overall aim of the proposed scheme is to stimulate economic growth in our district by not only helping existing organisations overcome the cost of installing high speed broadband, but also by improving the overall fibre infrastructure in the area making it a more desirable location to invest.
What are the benefits?
- A more reliable service
- Business growth through increased competitiveness in local and international markets
- Better communication with partners, suppliers, customers and staff
- Reduced costs through more efficient working
- Improved data storage and accessibility
- Faster upload and download for large files.
Eligibility – 4 key rules
- Valid SME in the postcode area
- New connection must introduce a step change in performance
- Voucher must fund eligible costs only
- New connection must be from a registered supplier
About the grant
- Covers many types of connection
- Can only cover connection cost (excl VAT)
- No funding for recurring charges or subscriptions
How to apply
- Check your eligibility
- Get a quote from a registered supplier
- Complete the application and submit along with a quote
Applicants for the scheme must operate within an eligible postcode and all details on eligibility or how to apply to the scheme can be obtained from John P McGonigle, Project Manager, Belfast Connection Voucher Scheme, 22-38 Gloucester Street, Belfast, BT1 4LD.
Tel: 0800 587 4695, Website: www.belfastcity.gov.uk/connectionvouchers.
Alternatively further information on the scheme can be obtained by contacting Kevin McShane, Economic Development Officer.
Tel: 0300 303 1777 Ext 20313 or